Beer Bacon and Cheese Bread Bowl Dip
I’m really lucky that the man in my life is a really great cook, he also loves to explore the pages of reddit for cooking inspiration. This dip came about today when he saw a girl make a dip, he called very basic and flavourless. I was thrilled because doesn’t everybody have nostalgia over bread bowl dips at parties and events? Usually you would find the traditional spinach dip in dark pumpernickel rye but this dip is a creative replacement that’s surely to be a party favourite. Andrew is a funny guy so he said this was a Super Bowl for the Super Bowl when he surprised me with this awesome dip recipe.
- Half a cup of White Old Cheddar
- 3 1/4 of a cup of Pizza Mozzarella
- 5 Cloves of Garlic crushed
- 6 bacon strips
- 1 Tbs of cornstarch
- 1 Tsp of Worcestershire
- 2 cups of beer of choice
- 1 sour dough loaf
- Parsley for colour
- Cut bread loaf in half
- Hollow out the larger half of the bread bowl
- Cut the smaller slice of bread into slices
- Grate the cheese
- Cook and chop up the bacon
- Toss all the ingredients together with some parsley for colour and pour that into the hollowed bread
- Take the slices of bread and spread butter and garlic
- Bake all bread at 375 degrees until everything gets evenly crispy at the top (20-25 mins)
- Carefully remove the dip from the oven, let it sit for five minutes and serve.
Our plate was basic because we are making other snacks for the Super Bowl but you can add pretty much anything to your spread to dip like crackers, pickles and vegetables. You can use whatever cheeses you want, fancier cheese or maybe 4 types of cheese would make this dish fancier, vegetarians can sub bacon for vegetarian bits or remove from recipe.
We hope you enjoy this recipe, give it a like if you think it’s a great idea, let us know if you try it and make any changes to your own version.